When you’re in the market for new windows, you’ll want to get ones that are energy efficient in order to reduce the amount of energy loss in your home. But, you may be unsure of what to look for when selecting energy-efficient windows. If that’s the case, then check for the following factors, all of which indicate that the windows will be energy efficient:
- ENERGY STAR® label – The ENERGY STAR® label is a government-backed designation given to windows that meet or exceed their strict guidelines for energy-efficiency. If you see this label, then you can feel confident that the windows you’re looking at are energy efficient.
- Multiple panes – Windows that come with multiple panes of glass, such as double-pane and triple-pane windows, are much more energy efficient than windows that only come with a single pane, as the additional panes create a pocket of air that hinders heat transfer.
- Thermal performance features – When choosing windows, look closely at the features they come with. If they come equipped with Argon/Krypton gas fills, Low-E glass, and foam-filled frames, then they are likely energy efficient.
Window Expo Offers Energy-Efficient Windows to Homeowners Throughout Dallas-Fort Worth, San Antonio & Elsewhere in Central Texas
When you partner with Window Expo, you can count on receiving some of the most energy-efficient windows on the market. That’s because we have both double- and triple-pane windows that are equipped with Argon or Krypton gas fills, Low-E glass, insulating glass spacers, and foam-filled frames that, when working together, are sure to maximize the energy-efficiency of your home. What’s more, our windows are custom made to fit perfectly into existing window openings and are available in multiple design and color options to choose from, so you can create windows that match your personal taste.
To learn more about the energy-efficient windows we have available to residents in the Dallas-Fort Worth and San Antonio areas, as well as throughout all of Central Texas, contact Window Expo today.
You’ve probably heard about double-pane windows and how they provide more insulation for homes as compared to single-pane windows, but you might not fully understand how. Well, double-pane windows, as the name suggests, are constructed with two parallel panes of glass held inside the window frame. These panes of glass are spaced apart so that a pocket of air is created between them. This pocket of air is what hinders heat transfer through the window, which helps to keep your home insulated. Additionally, the pocket of air can be filled with Argon or Krypton gas, which will hinder heat transfer further.
Enjoy the Benefits of Double-Pane Windows from Window Expo, Serving Homeowners in Dallas-Fort Worth, San Antonio & all of Central Texas
If you’re looking to upgrade the windows at your Texas home to double-pane windows, then contact the experts at Window Expo. Our double-pane windows are custom made to fit perfectly into existing window openings, and they come in a variety of color and design options so you can tailor them to your liking. Plus, our windows are equipped with a number of energy-efficient features designed to keep your home insulated, such as:
- Low-E glass coatings – These coatings will deflect heat from entering your home while still allowing light to shine through.
- Argon/Krypton gas fills – These gases are inserted in between the panes of glass to block heat transfer.
- Warm edge spacer system – This spacer system will improve the thermal efficiency of your windows while reducing the amount of condensation on them.
Contact Us Today
To learn more about the double-pane windows that install for homeowners in the Dallas-Fort Worth and San Antonio areas, as well as throughout Central Texas, contact Window Expo today. We’ll be happy to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss your project with you further.
If your home’s windows are wearing down, letting draughts in, or are just not up to par with how you would like them to look or function, you may be considering investing in replacement windows. But, are replacement windows a good investment? More often than not, you will find that replacement windows are definitely a good investment because of the lasting benefits that they provide. Some benefits of replacement windows include:
- Enhanced curb appeal – Having replacement windows installed will greatly improve the look your home, which could also increase its resale value.
- Increased energy efficiency – Quality replacement windows will come with a number of features that enhance energy efficiency like insulated glass, foam-filled frames, and multiple panes of glass. These will reduce heat transfer and possibly even lead to lower energy bills.
- Improved home environment – Replacement windows can make your home more enjoyable by allowing in more natural light, improving views of the outdoors, keeping the interior temperature more comfortable, and reducing the amount of outside noise that enters your home.
A Beautiful Selection of Replacement Windows Available to Homeowners Throughout Dallas-Fort Worth, San Antonio, and the Rest of Central Texas
When you turn to Window Expo for replacement windows, you can count on receiving caring customer service combined with top-quality windows. Regardless of which window style you decide on, you can be sure that our windows are durable, energy-efficient, and aesthetically pleasing. Choose from the following styles:
- Awning windows
- Bay windows
- Bow windows
- Casement windows
- Double-hung windows
- Garden windows
- Picture windows
- Single-hung windows
- Sliding windows
Plus, our windows are backed by a lifetime transferrable warranty and a lifetime workmanship warranty, allowing you to feel confident that you’re making a wise investment. For more information about the replacement windows we install for homeowners in the Dallas-Fort Worth and San Antonio areas, as well as throughout Central Texas, contact Window Expo today.
Because your exterior door will often be one of the first things that people notice when they look at your house, it’s important to keep it in good shape. If you have an exterior door that is old and fading, painting it is a great way to bring it back to life. Those who aren’t quite sure how to paint a front door can follow these simple steps:
- Remove the door and set it down on a clean, flat surface that’s covered with newspaper, a drop cloth, or some other kind of protection.
- Take off the doorknob and any other hardware such as locks and door knockers, and then place painter’s tape around the edges of any glass on the door so you won’t get paint on it.
- Scrub the surface of the door with a wet sponge to clean it off, let it dry, and then lightly sand the door to remove any remaining dirt or rough spots.
- Apply a primer to the door, let it dry, and then apply a coat of paint. Let the paint dry and then flip the door over to repeat all the steps over again.
- Hang the door back into its place and reattach the hardware.
For Beautiful and Secure Exterior Doors, Turn to the Experts at Window Expo
Since 2006, Window Expo has been providing homeowners in the Dallas-Fort Worth and San Antonio areas with the highest-quality exterior doors on the market. The exterior doors we install are available in a variety of size, style, and color options, allowing you to customize your new door to your exact preferences. Plus, all our exterior doors are ENERGY STAR certified, so you can be sure that regardless of which type of door we install for you, it will be equipped with several energy-efficient features that could possibly contribute to lower energy bills.
To learn more about the exterior doors that Window Expo installs for homeowners throughout Central Texas, contact us today. We look forward to working with you to give you a gorgeous new exterior door.
Bay and bow windows are very similar in a lot of ways, and at first glance, it may be hard to tell the difference between the two. They both offer extraordinary views of the outdoors, project outward from the walls, and flood your home with natural light. So, what’s the difference between the two? Well, listed below are some of the main differences:
- Bay windows have three panels of glass while bow windows usually have four or more panels.
- Bay windows consist of a large picture window in the middle with two smaller windows on each side. Bow windows consist of four or more windows that are usually the same size to create a rounded appearance.
- Bow windows can be wrapped around the corner of a home or building while a bay window cannot.
Turn to the Experts at Window Expo for all Your Window Needs
Whether you’re in the market for bay or bow windows, there is no better company to turn to than Window Expo. That’s because we are a locally owned company that has been helping homeowners in the Dallas-Fort Worth and San Antonio areas find the perfect windows to meet all their needs. Once you place a call to us, we will send an expert from our team to meet you for a free, no-obligation consultation. During the consultation, we will be able to answer any questions you might have about our bay and bow windows and recommend the best option to meet your specific needs.
To learn more about the bay and bow windows that we have available to homeowners throughout Central Texas, contact Window Expo today.
Painting vinyl windows is not always the best idea because it can cause your window to absorb more heat, which in turn can damage them, or in some cases, even void your warranty. If you want to paint your vinyl windows because they are old and unattractive, it may be better to just replace them instead of trying to cover up the problem. But, if you insist on painting them, make sure that you follow these steps:
- Choose the appropriate paint and primer – Your first priority will be choosing the right paint and primer for your vinyl windows. Make sure that the paint and primer you pick are labeled “vinyl safe” to ensure that they won’t damage the windows.
- Clean the windows – Before painting, make sure that you clean the window frames with soap and water to remove any dirt and debris. This will help the paint adhere properly.
- Sand the windows and apply painter’s tape – Because vinyl is a difficult surface to paint, you will have to sand the window frames until they’re rough to the touch, which will help to make the paint stick. Then, cover the parts of the window that you don’t want to be painted with tape to ensure that they won’t accidentally get paint on them.
- Apply primer and paint – Apply a coat of primer to the window frames and let it dry, then apply a coat of paint. Make sure that you clean up any drips quickly so that the surface doesn’t appear uneven.
Choose Window Expo for Beautiful Vinyl Windows that Don’t Require Painting
Since 2006, Window Expo has been providing Central Texas homeowners with incredible vinyl windows that will never need to be painted. That’s because not only are our windows extremely durable and resistant to scratching, chipping, and fading, but they’re also available in a variety of colors so you can choose the hue you like best.
To learn more about the vinyl windows that Window Expo has available to homeowners in the Dallas-Fort Worth and San Antonio areas, as well as throughout Central Texas, contact Window Expo today.
If you’ve decided that you’re going to get new replacement windows for your home, you will undoubtedly want to make sure the windows you buy will fit perfectly into your existing window space. That’s because if you don’t measure your window correctly, you could end up purchasing a window that’s too big or small. When this happens, you will be forced to modify the masonry opening where you planned to install the window, which puts you at risk for creating gaps where outside air, moisture, and pests could enter your home.
It’s always a good idea to hire a professional to replace windows for you – which includes performing the measurements, ordering the windows custom-made, and installing them for you. But if you decide to measure on your own, make sure you:
- Measure the width of your window starting from inside the window jamb and measure to inside the window jamb on the opposite end. Take 3 separate measurements, one at the top, one at the bottom, and one at the middle and use the smallest measurement.
- Measure the height of the window on each side and use the smallest measurement.
- Measure the window from corner-to-corner to ensure that your window frame is not out of square.
Window Expo – The Premier Window Company Serving Residents Throughout Dallas-Fort Worth, San Antonio, and Central Texas
When you turn to Window Expo for replacement windows, you won’t have to worry about measuring your window space or installing your new windows yourself. That’s because after you tell us how you want your dream windows to look and perform, we will take care of everything else for you including measurements, ordering your windows from the factory, and installing them. Plus, all of the windows we offer are energy efficient, extremely durable, and backed by a lifetime warranty, so you can feel confident that you’re getting great windows that will last for years to come.
For more information about the replacement windows we have available to homeowners in the Dallas-Fort Worth and San Antonio areas, as well as throughout Central Texas, contact the experts at Window Expo today.
No matter what type of windows you buy or what amazing features they come with, if they’re not installed correctly, your window replacement will all be for naught. That’s because a poorly installed window can leave a gap between the sill and frame, let in draughts, and allow water to leak in and damage the interior of your home. If you want to install your windows correctly, follow these steps:
- Take careful measurements of your window space to ensure that your new window will fit
- Carefully remove your old window to avoid causing any damage to the structure
- Inspect and prepare the window opening to ensure that it’s in good condition
- Position the new window in place and secure it
- Caulk around the window to ensure water tightness between the frame and masonry opening
- Inspect the window to make sure there aren’t any leaks in the frame and that it functions correctly
- Clean up all of the debris and dispose of your old window
Trust the Professionals at Window Expo for Top-Notch Window Installation Services
If you live in the Dallas-Fort Worth, San Antonio or elsewhere in Central Texas and are in the market for replacement windows, there’s no better company to turn to than Window Expo. That’s because not only do we offer incredible, custom made-in-the-USA windows, but we also have a team of knowledgeable craftsmen to install your windows properly. In fact, you can count on Window Expo because we:
- Have certified installers who have undergone an extensive internal and factory training process
- Have installation managers who make sure that your windows are being installed correctly
- Offer a lifetime warranty on workmanship and labor, so if you should encounter a problem with your installation at a later time, we will be there for you
To learn more about the windows and window installation services we have available for homeowners in the Dallas-Fort Worth and San Antonio Areas, as well as throughout Central Texas, contact Window Expo today.
When you’re looking to replace the windows at your home, you will undoubtedly want to get windows that are energy efficient. But what type of windows are the most energy efficient? Well, although there are many factors to consider when answering that question, the simple answer is, you’ll want to find windows that offer the most energy efficient features. When you’re looking at different windows, check for the following energy-efficient features:
- Two or three panes of glass
- Argon/krypton gas fills between the panes
- Low-E glass coatings
- Foam filled frames
Additionally, you will want to make sure that the window frames are constructed out of an energy-efficient material such as vinyl. Vinyl frames are extremely energy-efficient because they don’t absorb outside temperatures the way other materials do, which helps insulate your home and keep energy bills low.
Enjoy the Energy-Efficient Benefits of Window Expo’s S.M.A.R.T. Windows
When you choose to work with Window Expo for your new windows, we will tell you all about our S.M.A.R.T. window series. These beautiful windows come with a variety of energy-efficient benefits including double or triple pane Low-E glass, foam filled frames, and argon/krypton gas fills between the glass panes. Plus, these windows are constructed with vinyl frames, giving them the ability to reduce heat transfer, which could ultimately lead to lower energy bills.
What’s more, our S.M.A.R.T. windows are also incredibly durable, easy to clean, and come backed with a lifetime warranty, so you can feel confident that your new windows will look great and last for the foreseeable future. For more information about the windows we have available to homeowners in the Dallas-Fort Worth, San Antonio, and Central Texas areas, contact Window Expo today.
Having new energy-efficient windows installed at your home will almost certainly save you money, but there are a lot of factors that determine how much you will potentially save. These factors include how big your home is, what type of windows you are replacing, and what the climate is like where you live. Additionally, it also depends on what type of energy-efficient features your new windows have, such as multiple panes of glass, argon gas fills, Low-E glass coatings, and others. Some studies estimate that energy-efficient windows have saved homeowners up to 30 percent on their annual utility bills, but due to the variables listed above, there is no set percentage to determine how much energy-efficient windows will save you.
Turn to Window Expo for Top-Quality Energy-Efficient Windows
Since 2006, Window Expo has been the company residents in the Dallas-Fort Worth and San Antonio areas, as well as throughout Central Texas, have turned to when they need energy-efficient windows installed at their home. That’s because we are a Texas-owned company offering U.S.-made windows that are designed specifically to stand up to the harsh Texas climate. All of our windows come with incredible energy-efficient features that are designed to lower your energy bills, including:
- Argon/krypton gas fills – These gases are used to fill the glass cavities in our double and triple pane windows, which reduces the transfer of heat or cold between the outside and inside of your home.
- CFC foam-filled frames – These frames provide thermal insulation that is not found in most traditional window frames.
- Low-E glass coatings – Our Low-E glass coatings are designed to block out 99.7 percent of UV light.
- Warm edge spacer system – Our warm edge spacer system reduces condensation and improves thermal efficiency.
Contact Window Expo
To learn more about the energy-efficient windows we install for homeowners in the Dallas-Fort Worth and San Antonio areas, as well as throughout Central Texas, contact Window Expo today.