Because your exterior door will often be one of the first things that people notice when they look at your house, it’s important to keep it in good shape. If you have an exterior door that is old and fading, painting it is a great way to bring it back to life. Those who aren’t quite sure how to paint a front door can follow these simple steps:
- Remove the door and set it down on a clean, flat surface that’s covered with newspaper, a drop cloth, or some other kind of protection.
- Take off the doorknob and any other hardware such as locks and door knockers, and then place painter’s tape around the edges of any glass on the door so you won’t get paint on it.
- Scrub the surface of the door with a wet sponge to clean it off, let it dry, and then lightly sand the door to remove any remaining dirt or rough spots.
- Apply a primer to the door, let it dry, and then apply a coat of paint. Let the paint dry and then flip the door over to repeat all the steps over again.
- Hang the door back into its place and reattach the hardware.
For Beautiful and Secure Exterior Doors, Turn to the Experts at Window Expo
Since 2006, Window Expo has been providing homeowners in the Dallas-Fort Worth and San Antonio areas with the highest-quality exterior doors on the market. The exterior doors we install are available in a variety of size, style, and color options, allowing you to customize your new door to your exact preferences. Plus, all our exterior doors are ENERGY STAR certified, so you can be sure that regardless of which type of door we install for you, it will be equipped with several energy-efficient features that could possibly contribute to lower energy bills.
To learn more about the exterior doors that Window Expo installs for homeowners throughout Central Texas, contact us today. We look forward to working with you to give you a gorgeous new exterior door.